Areas of Expertise
Samuel J. Catanese, CPA, holds the position of Leading Partner of Catanese Group, PC. He focuses primarily on business planning and development, tax planning, financial and estate planning, and management consulting for closely-held businesses, family-owned businesses and individuals. Mr. Catanese serves as an advisor to a wide variety of companies in the health care, retail, real estate, construction and professional service industries as well as not-for-profit organizations. He is an expert in the areas of mergers, acquisitions, corporate financial plans, business valuations and sales of businesses.
Mr. Catanese is an expert in the management and administration of professional service companies and often performs Administrative Review engagements. These engagements involve evaluating the administrative and management procedures of the firms under review and working with owners and managers to formulate efficient and effective operating systems.
Mr. Catanese is a frequent lecturer on topics such as strategic planning and business consulting and is often called upon as an expert witness when clients are in need of litigation support.
Education and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Shippensburg University
- Harvard Business School, OPM 28 Graduate
Memberships in Professional and Civic Organizations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Laurel Valley Golf Club and the Duquesne Club
- Member and former President of Sunnehanna Country Club
- Former Chairman of the Board of Conemaugh Health System and the Board of Trustees for Good Samaritan
- Former member of the Board of Directors for CPAmerica
- 2005-2006 interim Chief Executive Officer of Conemaugh Health Systems and Memorial Medical Center
- Former member of the Board of Trustees and Executive Committees for the following hospital boards: Conemaugh Health System and Memorial Medical Center
- Former member of the Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital Real Estate Company
- Former Committee member of the Boy Scout Troop 217
- Former member of both the Vestment Hilltop School District Board of Education and the Community Arts Center Board