Catanese Group has over 30 years of experience working with legal professionals. Currently, our Firm is involved with numerous attorneys practicing in a vast array of expertise from individual practitioners to firms of over 300 professionals.
Profit Planning and Cost Accounting Systems
Many professional service firms do not believe that cost accounting applies to them, but all law firms should implement a cost accounting system if they want to understand their business and determine the profitability of producers (attorneys and paralegals), practice divisions, office locations, and even clients.
For over 20 years, Catanese Group has worked with law firms of every size and practice type – analyzing costs, developing profit plans, and making smart management decisions. By adjusting billing rates, controlling write-downs, firing unprofitable clients and managing billable hours, all law firms can increase their overall productivity and profitability.
Read more about our unique process on our Resources Page.
Auditing and Accounting Services
- Provide timely financial statements
- Provide accounting support and training
- Evaluate operating results to assist in practice management
- Document and evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls
- Bankruptcy accounting
- Cost accounting and budgeting
- Prepare business and personal tax returns
- Implement tax minimization strategies
- Prepare estate, gift and fiduciary tax returns
- Design and implement information technology systems
- Develop financial plans, projections and capital budgets
- Litigation support services
- Practice valuations
- Practice division productivity studies
- Strategic planning and retreat facilitation
- Cash flow analysis